CAULIFLOWER MAC & CHEESE
Mac & Cheese is, to be honest, is the very definition of comfort food. This recipe is absolutely will make your forget about pasta.
- 12 oz Cauliflower, chopped to desired size
- 1 oz onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 oz Cream cheese, cubed
- 6 oz Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz butter
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Turmeric and Paprika, sprinkle on top
- Cook the cauliflower until tender to the touch, microwave or steaming is the best to preserve nutrients. Pad with paper towels to dry cauliflower.
- Melt butter and add garlic and onion. Simmer until tender
- Add cream and bring to simmer. Use whisk to stir in cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Stir in 4 oz of cheddar cheese, save the rest for later.
- Add the Dijon mustard and salt and pepper
- Fold in the cauliflower with the cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle on the remaining 2 oz of cheddar cheese and fold into to Mac & Cheese
- Sprinkle on the turmeric and paprika and serve
The nutritional information supplied by nutritional calculator for recipes are a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional value of the recipes given on this site. The nutritional value is also affected by brand and quality of product, measuring and cooking methods.