BACON WRAPPED JALAPENO POPPERS
Delectable jalapenos stuffed with gooey cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. The bacon preserves juices of the jalapeno and giving it a wonderful bacon flavor. Totally the best Jalapeno Poppers hands down.
- 3 med jalapenos, whole
- 6 strips bacon
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 oz onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In skillet start to render bacon, cook for about 3 minutes, just to get it started.
- Take bacon out and in the juices caramelize the onions and garlic.
- Core jalapenos with your jalapeno pepper corer, or cut off stem and cut a slit lengthwise and scrape seeds and membranes with tea spoon.
- In mixing bowl combine all ingredients including the caramelized onions and garlic. Mix evenly and stuff the three peppers with mix.
- Wrap each jalapeno completely with bacon to ensure the cheese and ends are covered. Have the bacon ends on bottom of the popper. Stick with toothpick works very well.
- Place on parchment paper and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is crisp but not too long for the cheese to exit the popper.
The nutritional information supplied by nutritional calculator for recipes are a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional value of the recipes given on this site. The nutritional value is also affected by brand and quality of product, measuring and cooking methods.