CHICKEN AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS MEATBALLS
Juicy and tasty blend of ground chicken, onions, and spices. Fantastic snack to keep in freezer. 1 carb per meatball will help keep you full throughout the day/night.
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Onions, finely minced
- 1 tsp Garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt, or to taste
- 1 tbsp Mayo
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar, optional
- 1/2 tsp butter, softened or melted
- Use cast iron skillet (use med heat) and coat bottom of pan with olive oil and butter.
- Place the onions and garlic in pan and cook for 10 minutes. Sprinkle 1/2 salt on onions and simmer for 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
- As soon as the onions start sticking to the pan, let them stick a little and brown, but then stir them before they burn.
- At the end of the cooking process you might want to add a little balsamic vinegar or wine to help deglaze the pan and bring some additional flavor to the onions. Let cool to touch.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, mix well.
- Use hands and form 2" balls, mixture may be sticky. Keep hands moist with water to keep the meatballs from sticking to hands.
- Place back in cast iron skillet, and bake for 15 minutes. Internal temperature must reach 165°F
- If desired, place back on stove and cook meatballs to get a grilled look to them.
These meatballs are moist and flavorful. If you would like to see some Aiolis in sides. Wonderful flavors. The nutritional information supplied by nutritional calculator for recipes are a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional value of the recipes given on this site. The nutritional value is also affected by brand and quality of product, measuring and cooking methods.