ASPARAGUS WITH PARMESAN AND GARLIC
Fresh asparagus steamed to perfection. Sautéing the asparagus in garlic and oil adds a enhanced level of flavor. Topping this with parmesan cheese is just elevates the flavor to "over the top", all this for 1.8 net carbs
- Sauté Pan
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim the asparagus bottom off.
- Need to cook asparagus, I like to steam all my veggie when possible. This keeps in more of the natural nutrients. I steamed the asparagus for 5 min for medium and 10 minutes may be needed for jumbo. Boiling will take about the same time.
- In a sauté pan, start heating up the olive oil on medium heat. When hot, and asparagus, add the garlic.
- When asparagus is done, place asparagus on towels to get excess water off. This will help avoid spattering.
- Layout evenly the asparagus in sauté pan and coat garlic and oil evenly over the asparagus. when coated, add the parmesan cheese mix evenly.
- Plate up and serve.