Have cilantro in your back yard? Well, my neighbor does.We decided to make a pesto and give our dinners a flavor burst. Cilantro pesto is a tasty alternative to basil pesto. We added onions to make the world a happier place.
- 3 cups cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 onions rough cut
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Montreal seasoning, or salt and pepper
- Warm up a skillet and toss pine nuts in a pan for about 5 minutes to toast.
- Toasting the nuts creates a huge difference in flavor. Taste the difference. Set aside and let cool.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients, except for the cheese and Montreal seasoning.
- Blend until thick and all ingredients are uniform with no large chunks.
- Fold in parmesan and season to taste.
- Pesto is awesome with some cauliflower rice
The nutritional information supplied for recipes is a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional value of the recipes given on this site.