BOWL OF EGG ROLL
This Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe is loaded with Asian flavor. There are many versions on the internet because it is a quick and flavorful meal that only takes about few minutes to make.
- 1 lb ground beef, turkey, or pork (personal preference)
- 24 oz bag cole slaw mix
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos (or soy sauce will do)
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Heat large skillet on medium-high heat. Add protein, onions, and garlic and cook. Breaking meat into small pieces. When full cooked pour of juices and place the meat on paper towels to drain juices.
- Return meat to skillet and add broth. Stir and scrape brown bits off the bottom of skillet. Reduce heat and add cole slaw mix, ginger, and sesame seed oil. Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice vinegar and coconut aminos and mix. Cook an addition 1-2 minutes until cabbage is to your liking.
Note: The less cabbage you use, the lower the total and net carbs will be! The nutritional information supplied by nutritional calculator for recipes are a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional value of the recipes given on this site. The nutritional value is also affected by brand and quality of product, measuring and cooking methods.