SHRIMP SCAMPI ZOODLE STYLE
Shrimp scampi make for Keto, no pasta needed. All the flavors of a traditional scampi meal that has the zing of zucchini. Super easy and healthy meal for the entire family. This was made for my neighbor when they had some leftover shrimp. This flavorful meal is only 2.9 carbs per serving.
- Veggie Pasta Spaghetti Maker
- Cheese Grater
- 1 pound large raw shrimp — peeled and deveined with tails on fresh or frozen and thawed
- 4 zucchini, made into spaghetti noodles
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/2 Lemons, juiced, or 1/4 cup
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium prefered
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat in a large, nonstick skillet.
- Add shallots and cook until soften, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook the shrimp until translucent, about three minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and lemon juice, and let the liquid come to a simmer. Add the lemon zest and bring to a boil.
- Add the zucchini noodles and stir until everything is combined and the shrimp are fully cooked. Do not overcook zucchini, will become mushy.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley leaves and serve.