FILET WITH MUSHROOM AND RED WINE SAUCE
You gotta love a good steak. Treat yourself to making the perfect filet and top off with very savory mushroom and red wine sauce. Make sure you do treat yourself and enjoy your meals. This filet will make you crave it again and again. The filet and sauce has 6.6 net carbs per serving. This will keep you satisfied and remind yourself that Keto can be flavorful and fulfilling.Shown with Garlic Mashed Cauliflower linked below
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 6 oz Filet
- .5 lb portobella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- .5 cup beef broth
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In skillet and on high heat, melt 1 tbsp butter and sauté shallots and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté until they are golden.
- Pour the broth and wine in into skillet and stir. Keep stirring to reduce the liquid by about 1/2.
- While sauce is reducing. Melt 1 tbsp butter in cast iron skillet, med-high heat and sear for 2 minutes each side (do not move around)
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake 8 min for med well 7 min for med 6 min for med rare 5 min for rare
Transfer skillet to oven and bake
8 min for med well
7 min for med
6 min for med rare
5 min for rare
- Remove the filets from the oven and lay a piece of foil gently over the top. Let the meat rest for 10 minutes.
- Ladle mushroom sauce on filet and enjoy. You have earned it.
The nutritional information supplied by nutritional calculator for recipes are a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional value of the recipes given on this site. The nutritional value is also affected by brand and quality of product, measuring and cooking methods.