BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN
Sometimes we all know what to do and just need a nudge to remind us on how to make a simple Keto dinner. Wrap bacon around chicken and bake, simple solution to protein and good fat into your dinner while only consuming <1 carb per portion.
- 2 6 oz Chicken Breast
- 4 slices Bacon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° and place oven rack in the top third position.
- Lightly season chicken with more salt and a pinch of pepper. Working with one at a time, wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon. Place the chicken in a baking dish with the ends of the bacon underneath, if possible.
- Bake until chicken is almost cooked through, 20-25 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165°F.
- Increase oven to 450° and continue cooking, glazing with maple mixture every 5 minutes, until internal temperature of chicken reaches 160°, about 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Turn oven to broil and broil until bacon is deeply golden, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more pepper before serving.
- Choose to do chicken thighs would yeild three times the amount of good fats compared to chicken breast.