KETO BBQ DRUMMIES
BBQ Sauce is one great family tradition, and my tradition I figured out had about 8 carbs per tablespoon. This KETO BBQ sauce has a bold and zesty flavor with a little kick for less than 1 net carb per serving.
- 6 strips bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 12 oz water
- 3 oz apple cider vinegar
- 3 oz red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Monkfruit Golden Sugar
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 12 chicken legs
- Cook down the chopped bacon until 3/4 done, drain and place on paper towel to remove excess juices.
- Add onions, jalapeno, and garlic and sauté with bacon until cooked.
- Add tomato paste and seasonings. Simmer in med sauce pan for 45 minutes.
- Take 1/2 BBQ sauce for dinner table and 1/2 for glazing.
- Place the chicken legs on baking sheet or baking pan and brush on BBQ sauce. Place in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Glaze the chicken one time before placing in oven. After 20 minutes, turn over and glaze the top chicken legs exposed.
- At 400° the legs should reach an internal temp of 180°. Heath codes are only 165° the higher temp will allow the chicken to be juicier.
- After taking out of oven, let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
The nutritional information supplied by nutritional calculator for recipes are a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional value of the recipes given on this site. The nutritional value is also affected by brand and quality of product, measuring and cooking methods.