PERFECTLY POACHED EGG
Poached eggs are one of the most refreshing tasting eggs. You can use them for eggs for breakfast or on many dishes you may want to prepare. It takes 4 minutes to poach a perfectly poached egg in water that is just at its simmering point. Looking to reach a warm yoke that is slightly thickened and wonderfully shaped whites. Some like to add vinegar, or salt to the water, I like to add some butter.
- 2 Eggs, large
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 quart water
- pinch Sea Salt
- Use pan that is medium size, the more water you use the less the water will drop in temperature when the eggs are dropped in.
- Place butter and salt in water and place on burner on high heat. Bring to boil.
- Once water is boiling, add eggs one at a time and reduce heat so the water is at a simmer.
- Use slotted spoon to keep eggs separated. Cook for four minutes or until the whites are done to your likeness.
- Remove with slotted spoon and serve alone, or with your favorite dish.
The nutritional information supplied by nutritional calculator for recipes are a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional value of the recipes given on this site. The nutritional value is also affected by brand and quality of product, measuring and cooking methods.