COCONUT PANCAKES WITH CREAM SAUCE
Coconut flour is very taste & coconut milk sauce is awesome!
Servings 8 people
For the Coconut Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes
For the Pancakes
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, separate egg whites from the yokes.
- Use a hand mixer to beat the egg whites with salt until the whites are frothy. Set this first bowl aside.
- In another bowl, whisk yokes, coconut oil, and coconut milk together until the ingredients are smooth.
- Sift the baking powder and coconut flour into the second bowl and whip into a smooth batter.
- Grab the first bowl and pour the frothy egg white mix into the second bowl.
- Gently fold in the egg whites and let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- After letting the batter rest, add a light film of coconut oil to the frying pan with the heat set to medium-low.
- Once the pan is warmed up, add 1/4 cup of the pancake batter and flip when the center is bubbling and edges turn light brown.
- Once you have fried your entire batter, set aside to prepare the sauce.
Coconut Keto Sauce
- Melt butter over low heat, in the saucepan, until bubbly and light brown.
- Add coconut milk and stir until combined (it will want to separate, just keep stirring).
- Continue cooking over low heat and bring it to a low boil.
- Let it boil until it thickens to your desired consistency.
- Remove from heat, stir in salt and vanilla. Use immediately.
The nutritional information supplied for recipes are a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional value of the recipes given on this site.